You must select an action to be performed when any FatCow Exchange mailbox reaches 80% of its storage capacity. When this occurs, you will receive a daily email warning until the problem is resolved or the mailbox reaches 100% capacity.
From Exchange Services, Mailbox Sizes and Settings, you have two options:
- Option 1: (Default) Shut down mailbox
By default, when your mailbox size reaches 100% of its full capacity, it will be shut down. To reactivate your mailbox:
- Contact The Moo Crew.
You will have the rest of the day to delete messages and clean out your mailbox. If no such action is taken, then the mailbox will be shut down again.
- Option 2: (Recommended) Buy next highest mailbox
This option is the recommended action for the following reasons:
Note: The option you select here affects ALL of your FatCow Exchange mailboxes.
- Selecting this option automatically purchases and bills the next size mailbox to your account when you reach 100% capacity of your current mailbox.
- When selecting this option, you can still react to the 80% email warnings and clean out your mailbox, while your mailbox is protected from shut down in case of an unforeseen overflow, and you can rest assured that no messages are bounced or lost.
- This option applies to all Exchange mailboxes in your account.