The Registrar Transfer Request page shows the current state of requirements for the registrar transfer. To get to this page, you must initiate the registrar transfer process. If available, the Whois information is shown at the bottom of the page, providing all the required information. If the Whois is not displayed at the bottom of the page, go directly to Whois .
For all unchecked boxes an action must be taken. You must find the necessary information and make sure that it meets the requirements.
Administrative Contact. You must have access to the email address for the Administrative Contact registered for the domain. Verify or update this address before checking this box.
- Disable the Domain Whois Privacy on this domain before checking the box. (You may need to contact your registrar to do so.)
60 days. Domain name has been registered with your current registrar for at least 60 days. Search the Whois information for registration date and make sure that at least 60 days have passed.
Locked. Domain may not be locked. If the domain is locked for security, contact your registrar to unlock it.
Expired. Domain name may not be expired or expiring within 10 days. Search the Whois information for expiration date and make sure that at least 10 days remain.
- Authorization code. Obtain an authorization code for the transfer from your current registrar.
Domain Credit. A Domain Credit must be available on the account. Purchase a domain credit here
- Click Continue when all requirements have been successfully completed.
If some information has not been entered correctly, this page will be redisplayed with no error messages.
If the information has been entered correctly, you will advance to the next page, Registrar Transfer Request Contact Information.
- Enter the required Contact Information:
Administrative Contact. Enter the email address of the Administrative Contact registered for the domain. You should have this address from earlier research.
Administrative Contact Details. If the administrative contact for the domain is the same as the contact registered on the FatCow account, simply check Pre-fill with account information.
- You must fill out the State and Country fields by hand. They do not get auto-filled.
Owner Contact Details. If the domain owner is the same as the Administrative Contact, simply check Same as Admin contact.
Billing Contact Details. If the billing contact is the same as the Administrative Contact, check Same as Admin contact. If the billing contact is the same as the owner contact, check Same as Owner contact.
Technical Contact Details. Most users should check Use FatCow as your technical contact (recommended) to have FatCow manage the technical details. You can also select the Admin, Owner, or Billing contact to pre-fill the required information.
Note: If you choose to pre-fill required information using the radio buttons, you can still selectively change fields once the information is written. If you do not pre-fill the required information, you must manually fill all the required (asterisk marked) fields.
Nameservers. Select Use default FatCow nameservers, specifically if you wish to host the transferred domain on FatCow. Select Keep current nameservers if FatCow is not hosting your domain. If you wish to use custom nameservers, select Use custom nameservers, and provide the server names in the two text fields below.
- When you complete this form, click Submit Transfer Request. If the request is submitted successfully, the Registrar Transfers page is displayed. You should see your domain listed in the Current Domain Names list, and the Transfer Status should read Processing Request.
- Follow any instructions that you receive in an email from our registrar on how to approve the request. You may also receive an email from your current registrar asking for confirmation. You'll need to follow the instructions in these emails to confirm your desire to transfer.
A successful domain transfer will result in the extension of your registration period for an additional year beyond the current expiration date.