The following steps outline how to set up Entourage 2004 to access your Exchange Mailbox.
If you already have Entourage installed:
- If you are running Entourage version 11.0.X or 11.1.X, you must install SP2 for Mac Office & Entourage. Version 11.2.X includes SP2.
- Once SP2 for Mac Office & Entourage has been installed, download and install the latest update 11.2.1 at Microsoft's site.
- Continue with step 4 of the Setup Steps.
- Log into Mail Central, and then click Access to the right of your Exchange Mailbox.
- Make note of your username/email address and SAM name for use in later steps.
- If you have not already installed Entourage, follow these steps. Otherwise, skip to step 4.
- Click the link for downloading Entourage 2004. A prompt displays.
- Enter the email address and password for the Exchange Mailbox, and then click OK.
- Save the file.
- Double-click the file to install Entourage.
- Start Entourage 2004.
- Select Tools > Accounts to open the Accounts box.
- Click on the Exchange tab, and then click New. The Account Setup Assistant opens.
- Click Configure account manually. The Edit Account box opens.
Complete the fields with the following information:
Note: Information for each mailbox is on the Setup Information page. Log into MailCentral, and then click Access to the right of your Exchange Mailbox.
Account Name: Enter a title for the Mailbox, such as Exchange Mail.
Name: Enter your name, as you want it to appear as the sender
E-Mail address: Your FatCow Exchange e-Mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Account ID: Enter the User Name, as shown in the Your Exchange Server Information section of the Access Information page (company.username, such as YourDomain.JohnDoe).
Password: Enter the password for the mailbox.
- For Exchange Server 2003: https://exchange.fatcow.com
- For Exchange Server 2007: https://exch1.myoutlookonline.com/exchange/MailboxName
where MailboxName is your exchange mailbox as shown in the Mailbox Information section of the Access Information page.
Select the This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox.
Leave the Override default DAV port checkbox blank (unchecked) with the 443 value.
- Click the Advanced tab to view additional settings.
- Complete the following information:
Public Folder Settings
Public Folder Server: https://exchange.fatcow.com/public
Leave all other defaults settings, as shown in the previous screen example:
This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox is selected.
Override default DAV port: 443 is not selected.
LDAP server: Blank
This server requires me to log on checkbox is selected by default.
The following checkboxes should not be selected (default settings): This LDAP server requires a secure connection (SSL) and Override default LDAP port: 3268.
- Click OK to save your account settings. Entourage prompts you to begin synchronizing with your Exchange Mailbox.
- Click OK to continue. Synchronization runs in the background.
For additional information on using Entourage, use online help (Help > Entourage Help) or visit http://www.microsoft.com/Mac/support.aspx?pid=exchange.
In addition to using Entourage, you may use Outlook Web Access.