Mailboxes that are eligible to be converted to Exchange have a Convert to Exchange link next to them in MailCentral. The following conditions limit which POP/IMAP mailboxes are eligible for conversion to Exchange:
- If you already have an Exchange mailbox on your account, only standard mailboxes with the domain on the Exchange mailbox can be converted.
- Mailboxes with certain settings are not eligible for direct conversion:
- A standard mailbox that currently has or has ever had more than one delivery target
- A standard mailbox that currently has or has ever had forwards.
- A Catch-all address with its handling option set to Trash or Bounce
- A mailbox that was ever set up with more than one delivery target or forward.
For mailboxes with these settings, you can work around the conversion process restriction by saving the mail in the mailbox, deleting the mailbox, and then creating a new Exchange mailbox with the same email address. Refer to our detailed steps for more information.