You can create a new Exchange mailbox, as described below, or convert an existing standard (POP/IMAP) mailbox.
Before you start, review these points about Exchange mailboxes:
- You must have a domain name added to your account in order to set up an Exchange mailbox. You cannot use your username.fatcow.com domain.
- You can only have Exchange mailboxes for one domain name on your account. Once you create an Exchange mailbox for a domain, you cannot create other Exchange mailboxes for other domains you might own.
To set up a new Exchange mailbox, follow these steps:
- Log into MailCentral. Under Current Addresses, Exchange Mailboxes - the created and the available number of mailboxes are listed. If there are no available Exchange mailboxes listed, please go back to the beginning of the process to purchase an Exchange mailbox.
- Click Create Mailbox.
- In the Mailbox Type section, select Microsoft Exchange. From the pull down list select the mailbox size for your new Exchange mailbox. For each size in the list, you are notified how many mailboxes are available, or have been purchased but not yet configured. If you do not see the availability notification, you must go back to the beginning of the process and purchase an Exchange mailbox.
- In the Mailbox Info section, enter the name for the mailbox, and then select the domain to use.
Important: You can only have Exchange mailboxes for one domain name on your account. Once you create an Exchange mailbox for a domain, all other Exchange mailboxes created must use that domain name.
- Complete the Global Address List Information section.