When a customer requests a registrar transfer, FatCow will initiate the transfer procedure:
Our registrar partner will contact you at the Administrative Contact email address of the requested domain. You need to follow their specific instructions, listed in this email, to approve the transfer. If you have not been contacted, check that your Administrative Contact email address is correct.
Upon approval, the transfer request will be submitted to your current registrar. Your current registrar will either allow or deny the transfer and may send an email to you asking for your approval of the transfer. You must follow their specific instructions to approve the transfer as well.
Here are a few standard reasons for denying a transfer:
1. Registrar Lock Period of 10 days before expiration.
2. ICANN Standard of 60 days after renewal or transfer.
3. Payment due for domain renewal.
4. A domain name that is already expired.
5. The domain name is locked at your current registrar.
If a domain transfer is denied you can still host your domain with us.