There are four primary methods to upload images for use with SiteDelux. We recommend the use of the utilities included in the Picture Gallery which include:
Browse and select upload: This option permits you to upload 1-10 files at a time
Auto extracted zip file upload: This option permits you to upload a zip file with all of the desired images in a single .zip file. SiteDelux will automatically extract all of the files within the zip file and place them in your Picture Gallery.
Bulk Upload: This option provides an installable java-based utility that will permit you to select any number of image files from a directory and upload to your Picture Gallery with a single click action.
While we prefer that you use the Picture Gallery function of SiteDelux to upload your pictures, we offer a tool in your Member's Area that allows you to browse for pictures on your computer and upload them to a directory of your choice. This tool is called FTP.
To use FTP:
- Download an FTP client of your choice. FatCow recommends FileZilla.
- Enter FTP settings to access your site:
Hostname: ftp.PrimaryDomain (where PrimaryDomain is your hosing account primary domain, set in DomainCentral; example: ftp.FlowersByAmy.info - where FlowerByAmy.info is the primary domain
Username: your ftp username(usually the same as your hosting account username)
Password: your ftp password (usually the same as your hosting account password)
- Once connected, note the list of files on folders on the right screen.
- To access your site's picutre directory:
- Click sitebuildercontent
- then click sitebuilderpictures
- Note the list of the files on your hard drive on the left side. Locate the folder where you store your pictures.
- To transfer your pictures to your site's picture gallery, select the file name of your picture and drag it to the right. You can do this for multiple files at a time.