This article explains what Google Webmaster Tools are, how they work, and how to use them on your site.
Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools is a service that helps you to:
- See your site as Google sees it
- Diagnose any potential problems and fix them before they occur
- Track your site's visibility, performance, and page rank
An XML Sitemap is a document that provides information to Google about your site. It contains information about pages that may be easily missed by a spider, such as:
- dynamic pages
- pages with Flash or AJAX content
- pages not linked to each other
Providing a Sitemap makes it easier for Google to "crawl" your site in less time.