This article explains the difference between email clients and webmail, shows how to access your email over the web, and how to switch between webmail clients.
Check your email over the web
- Go to fatcow.com/mail.
- Enter your login credentials for the email address you wish to access.
- Log into your Control Panel (Login Link).
- Go to Mail Central (Mail Central Link).
- Click on "Edit" for the mailbox you want to access.
- You should now be looking at the "Address Management" page. Expand the "Mailbox Delivery" section.
- Click on the "Webmail" link to access the mailbox without needing to enter the mailbox's login credentials.
Switch between webmail clients in your FatCow hosting account
Included in most FatCow hosting accounts are three webmail clients: AtMail, SquirrelMail, and Open-Xchange. All include rich functionality and multiple features for accessing your email online in your control panel. Users have the ability to switch between these webmail clients to decide which is the best fit for their webmail needs.
NOTE: Recently created hosting accounts only feature the Open-Xchange webmail client.
To switch between available webmail clients:
- Log in to your control panel.
- Scroll down to the Email heading, then click the Mail Tool Settings icon.
- Select the radio button next to the webmail client that you want to use, then click Change Settings to save your selection.
Alternatively, you can access the Mail Tool Settings page by clicking this link.
NOTE: Switching between webmail clients will not transfer address book or calendar information. Please refer to the Moving from AtMail/SquirrelMail into Open-Xchange knowledgebase article for more information on how to export this data when switching between webmail clients.
Switch to a 3rd party webmail client
To switch to using a 3rd party webmail client (such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail) for managing your FatCow email, you can create a forwarding address to send all future mail to that new webmail client. Unfortunately, any existing email or calendar settings stored in your FatCow hosting account must be manually moved to the new 3rd party webmail client.
To forward mail to a 3rd person webmail client, please refer to the Creating an Email Forward Knowledgebase article .