How To Transfer To FatCow
- Prepare your domain for transfer.
- Add your domain to your FatCow account (see how).
- Go to Domain Central.
- Click on the domain you want to transfer to FatCow.
- Click Transfer.
- Use the Auth Code text field to type in your domain's transfer authorization code.
- Click Transfer to FatCow.
- A confirmation email is sent to the administrative email address on file with your domain. Click on the confirmation link provided in the email.
- Your domain should be transferred to FatCow within 5 days.
During this process, you may be prompted to purchase a domain credit. As the domain is transferred, this credit will renew your domain for an additional year and secure it onto FatCow's registrar.
How Do I Prepare My Domain With My Current Registrar?
When transferring a domain to FatCow, you'll first need to follow these steps with your current domain provider:
- Unlock your domain.
- Disable your domain's privacy setting.
- Update your domain's contact information, because we'll need it to send you a transfer confirmation email.
- Obtain your domain's transfer authorization code.
- Make sure that your domain has existed with your current registrar for at least 60 days.
- Make sure that your domain is not involved in a legal dispute and does not have a registry lock on it (this is very rare).
Some times your domain provider will require you to contact them in order to release the domain transfer authorization code to you. We've found the contact information for you of several popular domain providers.
You may also be able to find your domain provider's contact information by using a Whois Lookup.