Manually Renew a domain registered through FatCow
Important: Renew your domain at least 30 days prior to its expiration to avoid the risk of losing your domain and ensure that your renewal is successfully processed. You can also use our Automated Domain Renewal Service for domains registered through FatCow.
To manually renew a domain registered through FatCow:
- Log in to DomainCentral
- Click the "+" next to the domain that you want to renew to expand the domain settings menu.
- From the Overview tab, click Expiration (you can also select the Renew tab to directly reach this menu).
Note that the example domain has a Renewal column code of Manual, and will not renew automatically. You can also click Manual next to a domain to be directly taken to the Renew tab.
- On the Renew tab, from the dropdown menu, select the number of years that you want to renew the domain for.
- Check Add Domain Privacy if you want to add Domain Privacy or WHOIS privacy to this domain.
- Click Renew.
- Enter your payment information, then click Continue. FatCow will send a receipt for your domain renewal to your administrative email address.
- A new table, "Recent Domains," will appear above your list of domains in DomainCentral displaying the current renewal status of your domain. An example is shown below:
- Once the domain has successfully been renewed, a confirmation message will be displayed in this table. An example is shown below.
- Refresh the page to show the updated number of "days left" for your domain once it has been successfully renewed. Please note that it may take a few minutes for this number to be updated.
Enroll a domain in the Automated Domain Renewal Service
You can enroll all qualifying domains in ADRS (the Automated Domain Renewal Service). The renewal process for domains enrolled in ADRS begins automatically at 15 days prior to their expiration date.
- Log in to DomainCentral
- Select the domain you wish to modify, and click the "+" icon to the left of the domain name. Note that the example domain has a Renewal column code of Manual, meaning that it is eligible for ADRS enrollment.
- Select the Renew tab in the domain settings menu.
- Select Automatic Renewal in the Renewal Schedule section.
- Click Save. A confirmation will display indicating that your domain is now set to renew automatically 15 days prior to its expiration date. The Renewal column will also be updated to show Auto in green font.
Check if your domain has Automated Domain Renewal Service (ADRS)
To check or verify that your domain is enrolled in ADRS:
- Log in to DomainCentral.
- Domains that have a value of Auto in the Renewal column are enrolled in ADRS.