Transfer your domain from FatCow's registrar to someone else
Important: This process can take several days to complete; therefore, before initiating a transfer request, make sure that your domain is not up for renewal. If the domain is expiring within the next 10 days, or has already gone past its expiration date, please contact support for further assistance.
- Unlock your domain
- Log in to DomainCentral
- Click the "+"next to the domain that you want to transfer to expand the domain settings menu.
- From the Overview tab, click Domain Lock (you can also select the Security tab to directly reach this menu).
- Once on the Security tab menu, click Unlock Domain.
- A confirmation message will display once your domain is unlocked.
- Disable Domain Privacy on your domain
- While still in the Security tab for the domain that you want to transfer, click Disable Domain Privacy.
- A confirmation message will display once your domain is unlocked (you will also see the word "Disabled" in red to the right of your domain).
- Make sure that you have access to the email address on file for the domain (all transfer information will be sent to this address)
- Click the Contact tab for the domain that you want to transfer.
- Verify the contact information on this page, and ensure that the email address listed here is still actively in use.
- If you've made any updates to this page, click Save to confirm your changes. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Request the domain transfer authorization code from FatCow. The code will be sent to the domain email address on file.
- Click the Transfer tab for the domain that you want to transfer.
- Click Send Auth-Info Code. The authorization code will be sent to the "Owner" email address on file (this was updated in the previous step).
NOTE: If your domain is registered through FastDomain, the Auth-Info code will automatically appear in the bottom right corner of this tab instead of the "Send Auth-Info Code" button. However, you must have green checkmarks for all items on this tab for this code to work.
- Contact the new registrar that you've chosen to initiate a request to transfer your domain name(s) to them.