What is the Drag and Drop Site Builder
The Drag and Drop Site Builder is a browser-based website building tool. Since this tool is included in your web hosting package, you can access it by logging in to your control panel, then clicking the "Drag and Drop Site Builder" icon under the "Website" section of your control panel.
Making changes to your site on the fly is easy with this tool. Use the ready-made building blocks to create your site quickly and easily! Just left-click any of the several template elements that are available, and while holding down the left mouse button, move the element from the menu on to your website. From there, you can configure the customizable template elements, edit any information or images that you want to appear on your website, then click the "Publish" button to post your website to the web!
For any questions you may have about using the Drag and Drop Site Builder to create a website, please consult our Drag and Drop Site Builder Knowledgebase. You can also access this resource directly at any time by opening the Drag and Drop Site Builder editing tool, then clicking the "Online Help" link that is located in the upper-right corner of the editor screen.
The Settings Tab
At the top of the Drag and Drop Site Builder editor, there are four tabs - Elements, Design, Pages, and Settings. The first three tabs (Elements, Design, and Pages) are used to modify the contents of your website and change what both you and what visitors to your website will see on your web page. The fourth tab, Settings, is used to change minor details about how your website is seen in a web browser, as well as how your website interacts with search engines like Google or Bing.
There are four main sections in Settings tab: General Settings, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Ecommerce Settings, and Mobile Settings.
- General Settings
- Site Title - What you enter in this field will appear at the top of your published site as a title. If you wish to hide it so it does not appear on your published site, uncheck the box next to "Show site title on the top of your pages."
- Favicon (Premium feature) - Allows you to upload a site icon, which will appear in your address bar next to your website's url
Site Password (Premium feature) - Allows you to set a password to protect entry to your site. Only those who have the password will be able to view your site
Footer Message - This field gives you the option to change the message that appears at the bottom of your website. By default, it will read "Hosted by FatCow." You can create your own footer message, or remove it entirely (by clicking the "x" icon below this field).
- Navigation - Here you can choose whether you wish to group extra site pages (those that do not appear on the navigation for your site) under a "More" tab
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Site Description - A field to enter a brief description of your site. This description will appear in search engine results right below your site title.
- Meta Keywords - Enter keywords, separated by commas, that describe your site. For example, if you have a website for a pet store, you can use "pet food, pet grooming, exotic birds for sale" to help improve the ranking of your website in search engine results when someone enters a search for a similar term to the ones you listed
- Footer Code - This is typically used with Google Analytics. If you sign up for Google Analytics, you will be given the code to place here
- Header Code - This is typically used with Google Webmaster Tools . If you are using Webmaster Tools, you will be given the code to place here
- Ecommerce Settings
- Merchant Account - Select the type of Merchant account you have - PayPal or Google Checkout - then complete the information pertaining to that account to complete the setup process
- Currency - Select the currency to be used for your site
- Mobile Settings
- Enable Mobile - Uncheck the box here if you do not want to show a version of your website optimized for viewers accessing your site using a mobile device. This box is checked by default, and it is recommended that you keep this box checked
- Theme Color - Sets the theme color for your website when being viewed in a browser on a mobile device. Left-click the box here to bring up a grid of colors, then left-click the color you wish to use to apply your selection. If you click this by mistake, just click OK in the bottom right corner to keep the current color that you've selected for your mobile theme